Released December 5, 2012.
For update details, click this link:
The update for LiveLink for Excel must be applied separately.
If you previously installed LiveLink™ for Excel®, for Excel 2010, then begin with uninstalling it. To uninstall: open the Control Panel, select Uninstall a program. In the list, right-click COMSOL 4.3a - LiveLink for Excel and select Uninstall.
COMSOL programs are distributed in accordance with U.S. Export Administration regulations. They may be subject to U.S. Export Control laws or other (U.S. and non-U.S.) governmental export and import laws. It is the licensee's responsibility to comply with the latest U.S. or other governmental export or import regulations. Export or import in violation of applicable export control laws is prohibited. If you wish to submit materials to COMSOL in connection with any support request that must be restricted to U.S. persons under applicable export control laws, then you must submit such materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Install the update by clicking on one of the following links.
Note: When installing with Excel 2007, make sure to select Just me under the Select Installation Option.
comsol_18.104.22.168_llexcel_win32.exe (for 32-bit Windows)
comsol_22.214.171.124_llexcel_win64.exe (for 64-bit Windows)
Update Details for Update 1
- Improved handling of load cases for parametric sweeps.
- Corrected and improved handling of selections in the Report Generator.
- Grid ticks are now displayed correctly.
- Corrected problem that could occur when moving a solver node.
- Improved cluster performance and stability.
- The documentation root directory is now correctly updated.
- User-defined material libraries are now saved correctly in all cases.
- Corrected handling of empty values when using <sub> and <sup> HTML tags in titles and axis labels.
- Generating reports in Word format now works correctly on Mac and Linux.
- The Results window has been renamed to the Table window and dynamically displays the name of the current table.
- In the Analytic, Interpolation, and Piecewise functions' settings window, the Parameters section has been renamed to the Definition section.
- Periodic PDE constraints for vector elements now work in all space dimensions.
- It is now possible to remove all study nodes.
- uohm is now a valid syntax for microohm.
- Improved stability and user interface.
- Using the Transition boundary condition in the Magnetic Fields interface now works correctly when solving for the background field.
- Using power excitation in a Single-Turn Coil Domain now works correctly.
- Units are now displayed consistently in the Multi-Turn Coil Domain settings.
- Corrected the conservative form for the level set formulation in 2D-axisymmetry.
- The Laminar Inflow boundary condition no longer constrains the velocity to zero on the symmetry axis when solving for 2D-axisymmetry.
Chemical Reaction Engineering Module
- Corrected Turbulent Mixing in the Concentrated Species interface.
- The Periodic and Pair Conditions in the Concentrated Species interface now work correctly when using the Maxwell-Stefan diffusion model.
- Improved backward compatibility for the Reacting Flow interface when opening models created with a COMSOL version earlier than 4.3.
- Improved stability in the Reacting Flow and the Reaction Engineering interfaces.
- To add a CAPE-OPEN Interface node, right-click Global Definitions and select Functions>CAPE-OPEN Interface.
Heat Transfer Module
- The physics-induced mesh in the Non-Isothermal Flow interface now also accounts for interior walls.
- Improved convergence when using the Inflow Heat Flux boundary condition.
- Improved load group factor implementation for stabilization.
- Corrected total heat flux/source expression in 2D-axi geometries with moving frames.
- Renamed vapor mass fraction to
omega_moistin order to avoid variable conflict with angular frequency (
- The Viscous Heating feature now supports Swirl flow in 1D- and 2D-axisymmetry.
- Improved backward compatibility for models using a Line Heat Source.
- Thin conductive shell interface now works correctly for solving a time dependent study on a moving frame.
- Improved backward compatibility for models using crosswind diffusion.
- Adding an Electric Shielding feature to a Piezoresistivity interface now works correctly.
- The Linear Buckling study step is now available in the MEMS Module.
- Improved default solver suggestions when using the Free Molecular Flow interface.
- Corrected handling of Periodic Conditions.
- The scattering boundary condition now works correctly also when the Electric displacement field model uses Polarization.
- Corrected expressions for PMLs used with 2.5D and with mode analysis.
- Microwave heating boundary mode analysis now supports eigenvalue transforms.
- Corrected electromagnetic loss expressions for eigenfrequency studies to be non-negative.
- Surface current density norm is now available in the postprocessing variables list.
Structural Mechanics Module
- Principal stresses evaluated at Gauss points now contain a unit.
- Corrected bending thermal strains in curved thick shells.
- Corrected cyclic symmetry in 2D with a common point for the sector boundaries.
LiveLink™ for Excel®
- LiveLink™ for Excel® now supports Excel 2007.
- Corrected background color when using software rendering.
- Entering numbers with a regional decimal separator is now supported.
- Improved postprocessing for 0D models.
- LiveLink™ for Excel® now works on 64-bit Japanese Windows.
- Corrected saving and loading to Excel files for layers in ECAD import and for parameter estimation.
- Improved stability and user interface.
COMSOL LiveLink™ for MATLAB®
- Models using external functions are now portable between supported operating systems.
COMSOL LiveLink™ for Inventor®
- Fixed “Failed to connect to Inventor. Please make sure Inventor is running” error that could occur when synchronizing.
COMSOL LiveLink™ for Solid Edge®
- Values for linked dimensional parameters are now displayed correctly.